Manager, Policy and Brokerage Operations (Chicago)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF and Chicago office locations. This role has remote work flexibility as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Location Eligibility: This position is not eligible for employment in the following locations: California, New York City Metropolitan Area, and Washington State.
Vouch is looking for an experienced manager to oversee the high-quality execution and improvement of our policy administration activities in an effort to provide a great client experience. As Manager of the Policy Administration Team, you will manage a team of Specialists in the quality execution of customer requests for mid-term changes to policies and other policy administration activities (endorsements, cancellations, certificates of insurance, and renewals).
Reporting to the Head of Client Operations, this exciting role will give you the chance to directly impact our client experience as well as the processes and technology that support it, through procedure analysis, documentation of key workflows, and the implementation of new processes. You will be a good fit for this role if you not only like to develop people but also collaborate with others to influence scalable change.
- Manage a team of Policy Administration Specialists in delivering quality and timely responses to policy servicing requests and issues
- Train, mentor, and oversee performance management for the team, coordinating daily workload and ensuring the team is appropriately staffed to meet client needs
- Establish highly trusted and supportive relationships with our Client Success, Brokerage Ops, and Underwriting teams
- Proactively identify areas to improve processes and procedures focused on delivering a great customer experience and increasing operational efficiency
- Exhibit a strong bias for action and ownership by conducting ad hoc analyses and projects that further the goals of the team
- Collaborate with product and engineering to implement changes to Vouch’s client facing and internal technology by focusing on the impact to the business
- Provides a positive work environment for the team by documenting standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensuring they are educated on best practices, policies, and procedures
- Grow, develop, and empower your team to reach their goals and unblock when they are blocked
- 4-6+ years’ experience in an insurance-related and service-orientated role
- 2-4+ years’ experience managing a team directly
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and identify opportunities for operational/ process improvements
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and organization skills
- Strong project management skills
- Skilled in analytics and data driven decision making
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new and complex topics
- Proficient with MS Office, including Excel
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Insurance & Risk Management or a related field a plus)
- Experience in Property/Casualty Insurance
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $95,000 to $105,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.