Sr. AI & SaaS Advisor (San Francisco)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco and Chicago office locations. While this role has remote-work flexibility, this role will be based at the epicenter of the category: San Francisco or New York City. This role will work through our core collaboration hours (8:30am-2:30pm Pacific Time), and attend regular after-hours client & network events.
As an early member of the Scale Team, you’ll be responsible for building Vouch’s book of business by generating new leads and winning over the best new clients while cultivating new partners and establishing Vouch’s presence as a thought leader within the Enterprise / AI industry.
We’re looking for someone excited by the startup ecosystem, with the intellectual curiosity and passion to re-think how insurance is done in the category. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in risks associated with SaaS companies, including CRM, Network management tools, Cyber and Data Security, Data Analytics, and AI.
- Drive Vouch’s Mid-Market Book of Business:
- Attend industry events (approximately 3-4/month) where you will become a known figure in the Enterprise / AI ecosystem
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, senior executives, and partners in your ecosystem so you can prospect and close new business
- Leverage Vouch’s systems (Salesforce, Zendesk) to collaborate closely with internal partners across Sales, Underwriting, and Specialty Brokerage
- Utilize sales expertise to conduct effective discovery calls, negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes, and drive revenue growth through strategic upselling and cross-selling while building strong client relationships.
- Serve Vouch’s Top Clients with Excellence:
- Identify and analyze exposures to craft unique and complex insurance programs for each client and ensure proper coverage
- Manage high value client relationships both in a virtual and in-person settings
- Deliver consistent and timely responses, follow-through, and follow-up in response to client requests
- Develop Industry Expertise:
- Continue to develop your industry expertise and the intrinsics risk associated with Enterprise / AI companies
- Drive feedback loops to our product teams and help develop new experiences and insurance products for the category
- Excited by the challenge of solving hard and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Familiarity with Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Experience selling to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GCs
- Minimum 5+ years of insurance, sales, business development, or similar experience related to the Enterprise / AI category
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to have:
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Bachelor's degree and graduate degree
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
- Expertise and relationships within the Enterprise / AI ecosystem
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $115,000 to $125,000 per year, including on target variable pay.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.