Associate Broker, Vouch Specialty
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF and Chicago office locations. This role has remote work flexibility as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Location Eligibility: This position is not eligible for employment in the following locations: California, Washington, and New York City Metropolitan Area
This role incorporates a wide range of expertise, and always assumes the broker is capable of handling accounts independently. Often the Broker will handle smaller and less complex accounts, and be responsible for various production and service KPIs. The role will encompass all lines of business, with a more acute focus on General Liability, Professional Liability, Cyber, Employment Practices, and Umbrella - for a specific client segment that is healthcare related.s.
As a member of Vouch Specialty, you will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating information to assess client risks. You will act as the day-to-day broker, utilizing placement expertise to enhance revenue, impact retention and help close pending business opportunities. Typically negotiating terms and conditions of coverage on behalf of the client, and sometimes interacting with the client directly. You will also be responsible for helping service clients. More experienced brokers may be responsible for training new team members as part of our initial onboarding. The broker is also responsible to ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards are met.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Consult with and advise clients on technical insurance matters. This includes new business, renewals, and upgrades of existing coverage.
- Meet and exceed production and service KPIs.
- Process policies and endorsements on both carrier and agency management systems, documenting and issuing all relevant documentation.
- Review and evaluate information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks to support the placement of client risks in the insurance market.
- Oversee design and preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize carrier quotes, terms and conditions, and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and reviews binders and coverage confirmations.
- Responsible for project assignments as directed by management and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Develops business relationships with our carrier contacts and wholesale partners.
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Maintain systems and follow-up for receipt of policies, endorsements, binders, claims, etc. from outside sources.
- Assistance in accounting procedures such as invoicing
- Assist in creating Certificate of Insurance for Vouch Specialty clients
- Participated in continuing education to develop professional lines product knowledge
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical property & casualty insurance experience (ideally commercial lines, although will consider candidates with background in personal lines), in a client or market facing role (e.g., insurance broker/agent/MGA - retail or wholesale, underwriting, or account management)
- Relationship management: Customer focus, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and conflict management. Demonstrates shared ownership of resolution of conflicts.
- Negotiation skills: Carrier and client negotiation skills. Can secure concessions without damaging relationships.
- Background in managing a portfolio of customers
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- P&C License required
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments, someone who embraces change.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $65,000 to $75,000 per year, including on target variable pay.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Something looks off?