Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
This position is not eligible for employment in the following locations: SF Bay Area and NY Metro.
As a Senior Accountant at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to assist in building foundational accounting processes, controls, and tools that will allow us to grow and scale into the future. You will be part of the Finance team and focus primarily on accounting and reporting for our Insurance business, buildout and mapping key processes, and partner with various cross-functional teams on ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves a challenge, can pick up unstructured tasks or projects and run with them to the finish line, and is comfortable in excel and dealing with large data sets as well as challenging results and digging into anomalies. Prior Insurance experience is required. The role is perfect for someone that enjoys accounting but wants more than routine monthly tasks.
- Manage day-to-day transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, revenue recognition, payables, and financial reporting
- Contribute to monthly accounting close and consolidations and support efforts to speed up the accuracy and efficiency
- Support the development of internal systems and financial integrations
- Responsible for strong internal controls and accounting process/policy documentation, including leading best practices
- Support technical accounting analysis, memo creation, and adoption of new accounting guidance
- Create detailed financial reporting for senior management
- Ensure that records are maintained according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (STAT)
- Create accurate financial reporting to third-party vendors and regulatory agencies, including ad-hoc data calls
- Coordination and preparation of tax schedules, returns, and information and coordinating with outside accounting agencies
- Interaction with outside auditors and project management of annual audit
- Current financial professional with at least 4+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- CPA preferred but not required
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Excel required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Process and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment with fluctuating priorities
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with Accounting systems such as NetSuite
- Experience with SQL and database querying
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $75,000 to $95,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Something looks off?