We are not working with external recruiting partners at this time, please apply directly to the role if you have further interest in joining Vise
Engineering at Vise has the unique opportunity to use technology to revolutionize the investment management industry. Team members are given ownership and trust with the understanding that they are supported by industry experts and together can build a best-in-class product. We are a small and fast-paced team where everyone has a voice in the development of our product and technology.
Vise is seeking a passionate Quantitative Engineer to join our talented engineering team. As we build the future of wealth management, you will partner closely with our investment strategy and engineering teams, as well as our Chief Investment Officer to build sophisticated investment models which shape our portfolio construction and portfolio insights. You will be responsible for writing production ready models, working with our team to apply quantitative techniques like machine learning and sentiment analysis to a vast array of data sets.
Our Quantitative Engineering team is deeply curious, with a strong desire to solve problems that do not have a defined answer. You should feel comfortable reimagining investment management and questioning every market assumption. The ideal candidate thrives in a creative, inventive, and fast-paced startup environment and wants to work with people who are passionate about our work and mission. The problems we’re trying to solve as an organization are dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. We're interested in people who will react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
What you will own
- Own a set of financial models and work to scale research code to production code
- Work very closely with Engineering team to build out infrastructure to support our workflow models
- Research and explore seemingly impossible problems; we'll want have a practiced or natural understanding of how varying inputs are likely to change the results
- Build and test complex investment ideas
- Apply quantitative techniques like machine learning and sentiment analysis to a vast array of data sets
- Partner cross-functionally on a daily basis and make decisions together quickly
What you bring on day one
- Bachelor's degree / Master’s Degree / Ph.D in STEM majors
- Experience programming in Python required
- Passion for profession in the quantitative finance track
- Applied experience in building great production-level workflow infrastructure
- Excellent comprehension of statistics and probability distributions
- Understanding of statistical and machine learning models
- Prior professional experience within financial markets, cash equities a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative with a team-first mentality
- Familiarity with commercial risk and optimization solutions is a strong plus
Through the internal and market data Vise has collected, we expect the salary range for this position to be $165,000 - $225,000 per year, plus a competitive equity package. Your actual compensation will be determined based on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Vise offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits.
Vise is an artificial intelligence (AI) powered asset management platform designed specifically for financial advisors to build, manage and explain personalized portfolios. In today's world, AI is driving personalization across various industries, enhancing the way we shop, consume content, and engage with technology. Embracing this trend, Vise is leading the charge to bring this level of personalization to how we invest. Vise ushers in Wealth 3.0, moving beyond mutual funds and ETFs to offer personalized and automated portfolios. By harnessing the power of AI, Vise enables financial advisors to create tailored investment strategies that cater to each client's unique financial needs and goals.
Financial advisors are at the heart of this transformation, as their relationships with clients are essential to understanding and meeting each client's unique financial needs. With Vise, advisors can focus on nurturing these relationships instead of spending time building and managing portfolios. Our platform empowers advisors to create institutional-grade, personalized portfolios, automate their management, and explain valuable insights that enhance their expertise and service to clients. Vise is the outsourced sub-advisor, doing trading, rebalancing, and managing client portfolios fully automated on the advisor's behalf; Vise charges an AUM fee for its services.
Our exceptional New York team comprises world-class Ph.D. quants, investment researchers, and engineers with experience at industry-leading firms like Citadel, Blackrock, Stripe, and Stanford. Combining top financial and engineering talent, we pride ourselves on delivering products faster and understanding our customers' needs better than anyone else in the market. Vise has garnered the support of prominent venture capital firms, raising over $130M from Sequoia Capital and Founders Fund, among others.
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.