Senior Manager of Partnerships Solution Design
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
The Business Operations and Strategy (BizOps) team exists as a catalyst for advancing Vestwell’s mission. The team ensures cross-functional alignment in iterating and executing the company’s business strategy, overseeing Vestwell’s operating model and driving various strategic/operational projects. The team often operates as an internal consulting group, defining and guiding strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company.
The BizOps team is seeking an ambitious individual to join this dynamic and agile team to devise effective solutions for operational activation of the partnerships for our workplace savings products (401k, 403b, etc). Each of these partnerships have unique requirements for selling retirement plans with that partner across client contracts, billing, reporting, and modifications to the client journey. With 5x the number of partnerships and 3x the size of the sales team we had 12 months ago, it is more important than ever to ensure our operational products work at scale in this highly regulated industry. You will be the person responsible for devising how deal flow from a partnership will convert into billable clients at scale and with industry leading efficiency.
The ideal candidate is able to call upon project management & strategic thinking fundamentals to understand the requirements of each partnership, map them to an evolving framework for how Vestwell sells retirement plans at scale, design solutions that touch people, process, and technology to efficiently sell through each partnership, implement and iterate the solution for each partnership, and ultimately contribute to the growth of the business.
A person who would thrive in this role is a structured problem solver who can quickly get to the heart of an issue, excels in systems thinking, and is scrappy, determined, logical, and analytical. You must have the interpersonal skills, tenacity, and common sense to be an agent of change. In this role, you will be given significant agency to devise a strategy and approach for achieving your goals, requiring you to exercise good judgment, independently build consensus across several stakeholders, and succeed or fail by your ability to drive results.
What will you be doing?
- Partnering with Revenue Operations, Billing, Legal, and Internal Sales to ensure client contracts, billing, reporting, and modifications to the client journey for each partner meets all the requirements, is efficient for Vestwell staff, and all parties know what to do
- Evolving the framework and architecture of Vestwell’s CRM, client contract structure, and billing system to enable new partners to be seamlessly configured
- Specifying requirements to Revenue Operations, Billing, Legal, Deal Desk, and Internal Sales for what must happen for a new partnership to operationally come to life
- Negotiating the operating model with partners, knowing partners must often meet in the middle to come up with the optimal solution
- Manage cross-functional projects required to bring a new partnership to life, taking complete ownership from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
- Constantly manage work stream prioritization across teams, communicating status risks, changes of program milestones, etc. to senior business leaders
- 8+ years of experience in operational consulting, partnerships, sales engineering, or product management
- Knowledge of the retirement or another relevant area of the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of how CRM, billing, and contract lifecycle management systems work such that you can specify requirements with knowledge of what is/isn’t possible
- Comfortable writing business requirements documentation
- Ability to push back on partners who want things that are not sensible for Vestwell
- Demonstrated experience and comfort facilitating and owning all aspects of large cross-functional activities and track record in running successful projects
- Proven ability to influence without authority up, down, and across an organization through excellent communication and EQ
- Strong business acumen and organizational agility
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains
- An ability to connect the dots, move from big picture to the details fluidly, and communicate effectively at each level
- Maintain a continuous-improvement attitude; able to seek out and implement internal or external best practices, to problem-solve in ambiguous situations, and to thoughtfully earn trust
- Exceptionally driven with a insatiable curiosity for business improvement
- Former experience in a high growth SaaS enterprise start-up
The expected salary range for this position is 100-110k, plus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?