Associate, Relationship Management
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO IS VESTWELL STATE SAVINGS?
Vestwell State Savings (VSS) – a subsidiary of Vestwell Holdings Inc. – serves as the trusted administrator for nearly 30 programs and counting. We provide support and services for state auto-IRA, ABLE and 529 programs by employing innovative technology and a dedicated team focused solely on our clients’ needs.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Vestwell’s client list is expanding and we’re excited about bringing onboard a Relationship Management Associate to work with the State Savings Relationship Management team to help service our clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who is client-focused, has great communication, organization and problem solving skills and a proven ability to juggle multiple priorities at once.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
VSS’s Relationship Management team is responsible for ensuring that all our State Savings clients are continuously receiving and recognizing value from the savings platform we are building. The Relationship Management Associate will support senior Relationship Management staff servicing existing VSS clients to ensure execution of agreed upon deliverables and ongoing alignment of business objectives to enable VSS to meet our clients’ goals.
Day-to-day, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with the Relationship Management team in the development of project plans, attend status meetings (remotely), and monitor/report progress
- Collaborate cross-functionally with personnel – from Middle-Office, Operations, Product, Finance and Legal & Compliance – to ensure the successful planning and implementation of strategies and tactics developed to achieve client objectives
- Communicate internally -- inter- and intra-departmentally -- via written communication, phone, videoconference and occasionally in person
- Interact with clients – via written communication, phone, videoconference and occasionally in person
- Help meet all client reporting requirements
- Help manage response to escalated issues
- Team mentality and the ability to multitask while attending to a high volume of incoming inquiries
- 1-3 years of experience including client service and retirement related.
- Strong time management skills to ensure the timeliness of all proactive and reactive communications
- Strong commitment to superior customer service
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Critical problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The expected salary range for this position is 65k-85k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?