Senior Backend Engineer (Python)
About the role
- Beautiful is better than ugly.
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Simple is better than complex.
- Complex is better than complicated.
- Flat is better than nested.
- Sparse is better than dense.
- Readability counts.
- Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules.
- Although practicality beats purity.
- Errors should never pass silently.
- Unless explicitly silenced.
- In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
- There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
- Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch.
- Now is better than never.
- Although never is often better than right now.
- If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea.
- If the implementation is easy to explain, it may be a good idea.
- Namespaces are one honking great idea -- let's do more of those!—Tim Peters (The Zen of Python)
If this resonates with you then please come and say g'day!
This role will give you responsibility for designing, building, and maintaining Veryfi's server-side web apps.Experience with Python, Django and building RESTful APIs is essential.
The day to day consists of optimizing cloud infrastructure for speed and stability, implementing security structures, generating reusable code libraries and working with Platform Engineering to solve complex machine learning problems.
Before applying please make sure you are comfortable with the following requirements for this role:
- Experience working with Jira to manage your work
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have a great understanding of common software engineering design patterns
About Veryfi, Inc.
Veryfi empowers organizations to transform their unstructured data in the form of receipts, invoices, purchase orders, checks, W2s and other business documents into structured data at scale. Their suite of data transformation APIs can be leveraged for many use cases in financial services to deliver valuable business intelligence in seconds. Trusted by enterprises and technology companies alike, Veryfi’s AI-based platform is being leveraged by companies worldwide.
Veryfi is backed by NewView Capital (NVC), Act One Ventures, TI PLatform, Y Combinator and Zillionize
Veryfi Raises $12 Million To Use AI To Tackle The Unstructured Data Entry Markethttps://www.forbes.com/sites/rebeccaszkutak/2021/04/26/veryfi-raises-12-million-to-use-ai-to-tackle-the-unstructured-data-entry-market/?sh=886fe19183f8
The Untapped Potential of Unstructured Datahttps://nvc.vc/perspectives/veryfi-the-untapped-potential-of-unstructured-data/
COME AND SAY G'DAY!
Something looks off?