Product Manager, Proxy
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
VGS is looking for an exceptional Product Manager to drive developer strategy and experience of our VGS Vault platform. The VGS Vault platform, including VGS Vault and proxy management, is a secure platform to collect, store, and exchange sensitive and confidential data.
What will you be doing at VGS
- This product domain focuses on the developer experience from onboarding to operations including admin dashboard, documentation, abstractions for monitoring and alerting, troubleshooting, DevOps automation, and observability
- Establish the vision for a world class developer experience and clear, measurable goals for developer productivity and adoption, in collaboration with product teams and cross-functional leads across the business
- Ensure that our partners, clients and developers have a delightful integration experience, as well as the necessary tools for success
- Identify pain points in the developer experience, and work with cross-functional teams to create a best-in-class experience for developers
- This could involve building tools, creating documentation, improving API design, and more
- Conduct user interviews, user testing and research to understand user behavior as they integrate with and utilize the VGS platform for their day-to-day job functions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, design, and customer support, to ensure that the product is delivered on time and meets the needs of customers and developers
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track progress towards success and drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Discover and prioritize developer use cases and requirements for the end-to-end developer and client journeys – from API exploration to usability and implementation to launch
- Deliver a delightful integration experience to our clients and other 3rd party developers enabled via APIs, SDKs, developer sandbox, libraries, sample code and other popular options in the developer toolkit
- Collaborate cross-functionally work closely with engineering teams and stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements; translate them into a product vision and roadmap that aligns with the company's goals
- Stay informed about the latest trends and best practices in API design and developer experience and use this knowledge to continuously improve the products
- Be the subject matter expert for your functional area and the product suite
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- Minimum of 8 years' work experience in high-scale developer, enterprise or consumer facing products
- Experience in building best-in-class enterprise APIs
- Prior experience with OpenAPI specifications is a big bonus
- Deep understanding of API design and developer experience best practices
- You should be able to identify pain points in the developer experience and work with engineering teams to improve it
- You are a learner, scrappy, take full ownership and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Overall, the requirements for a PM for APIs and Developer Experience would be a mix of product management skills, technical expertise, communication skills, data-driven mindset, and leadership skills, with a focus on APIs and developer experience
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on user and customer needs
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, APIs, programming languages, and databases
- Proven track record leading with complex strategic initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues
- Should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and solve problems without hand holding
- Should be comfortable using data analytics tools to arrive at hypothesis
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at various stages of product development simultaneously
- Ability to find solutions to difficult problems quickly and effectively
- Data driven, analytical and fully understand the diverse ways in which our ecosystem of products can be further adopted by our customers
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $155,000 - $185,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled). Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Something looks off?