Senior Product Marketing Manager
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
At VGS we are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who can understand our products offering, customer needs and competitive landscape to accelerate activation, adoption and usage in partnership with Product, Sales and Customer Success. Driving product launches, owning content development for inbound and outbound marketing assets, and having a foundational value proposition for VGS is some of the key things we are looking for this person to be successful with.
What you will be doing at VGS
- Refine and segment value proposition, product positioning and messaging framework informed by customer research, market insights and product understanding
- Develop content such as thought leadership, case studies, training, pitch decks, events collateral, promotions and ROI analyses that enable customer-facing teams like Sales, Customer Success and Servicing
- Be a reliable partner and support building the PMM function by planning and communicating delivery progress, roadblocks and mitigation approaches. Synthesize results, learnings and best practices to enable continuous improvement and documentation.
- Help shape the Product Roadmap and Strategy by advocating for prospects and existing users, being informed about the competition, and ensuring our positioning and messaging communicate our value accurately and effectively
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams - product managers, sales, customer success, demand generation and external agencies - to develop go-to-market strategies, and launch, upsell and cross-sell marketing plans for our offerings
- Partner with fellow PMMs, Sales and Demand Gen to manage, execute and measure campaigns that drive awareness and adoption
- Engage with customers through surveys, interviews and advisory board to understand their needs, build relationships and develop marketing assets
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- 5+ years of overall marketing experience, 3+ years in a product marketing role in technology or financial services - payments, fintech, e-commerce, financial services
- Ability to interact, collaborate and partner with diverse stakeholders including Product, Marketing, Customer Success and agencies
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for internal and external audiences, and customer-facing messaging
- Organized and flexible - ability to wear different hats and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Past experience and/or interest in quickly learning new areas, with an ability to keep the customer at the center
- Self-starter with the ability and excitement to build programs from the ground up, pay attention to the details, prioritize, and maintain a positive attitude
- Experience at startups, or innovation areas within a large company, desirable
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $135,000 - $155,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled). Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Something looks off?