Staff Software Engineer, Frontend
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Vartana is the revenue acceleration platform for top-tier enterprise technology companies. We empower sales and finance to accelerate the deal cycle without compromising cash flow through our flexible payment options and collaborative sales closing platform. Our platform is trusted by leading enterprise companies, including Motive, Domo, Samsara, and many others, as the platform of choice to make products affordable and easy to purchase for their customers.
We have raised over $40M to deliver on our vision and are backed by top-tier investors, including Activant Capital, Mayfield, and Audacious Ventures.
- Define and build the next generation of innovative B2B Commerce products with a strong customer focus.
- Architect the efficient and reusable front-end systems selecting the right frameworks that drive complex high performance web applications.
- Refactor, improve, rewrite legacy code and identify further refactoring opportunities and architectural improvements.
- Work across teams to understand product requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver the solutions needed to build innovative products.
- Identify, communicate and champion best practices for front-end engineering.
- Write high-quality code and contribute with peers on code reviews, technical design, and problem-solving. Proactively implement features and user interfaces to optimize performance of user-facing products
- Provide technical leadership, influence fellow engineers, and role model solid engineering practices to a distributed team of engineers.
- Take an active role in mentoring engineers in the team, partner with your manager to improve the processes that support team growth and efficiency.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science and Engineering.
- At least 5+ years of technical leadership role leading project teams, setting technical direction and experience mentoring senior engineers.
- Strong UI/UX intuition, adept at working closely with product design and product management stakeholders to develop a shared vision and deliver on it.
- You have led development, launch and maintenance of high-complexity, high-performance interactive browser applications, including architecture, interaction design, and optimization. Strong focus on operational excellence and observability.
- Ability to bring best practices from across the world of software engineering and adapt them to the frontend environment.
- Experience providing high quality reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication. Ability to collaborate and work well with others. A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written words and are able to influence product improvements using data insights.
Vartana is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.