IT Support Technician
IT, Customer Service
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
Varo is seeking a talented and energetic IT Support Technician to join our team. In this role, the candidate will work closely with employees to solve their support requests, assign and troubleshoot software access and assist in projects in a variety of areas. We are looking for a candidate with knowledge and experience in desktop support and has a patient and approachable attitude when dealing with pressure situations. Ensuring that our employees are supported and can work efficiently is critical for this role. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the administration and of our Okta Identity Management, Google Workspace, Slack and Atlassian Suite environments.
What you’ll be doing
- Prioritize and facilitate support issues as needed. (Included but not limited to Break-Fixes, Site Projects, IT initiatives and Compliance activities). Additionally, this person provides administrative functions in coordinating site activities
- Acts as a “site advocate” to facilitate the resolution of issues, large or small with a sense of urgency. Owns larger issues while working with other support teams until resolution
- Develops key relationships with site leaders and user base, monitors user experience
- Provides C-Level support for incidents and requests
- Drive the adoption of new technologies to support business needs. Be a key thought leader for IT strategies and solutions. Create relationships with key partners to help drive solutions
- Assists in or manages planning and executing for IT optimization projects in local region incl. coordination with local parties to inform of new technologies
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing, and sometimes creating IT policies, processes & standards
- High professional ethics and respect administrative policies and committed to deliver IT world class services
- Maintain, update and monitor inventory and audit assets
- Have a mindset to always keep learning new technologies and stay current
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Working experience in WAN, LAN topology and support
- Extensive experience with Apple and PC hardware and operating systems
- Working experience in Microsoft products
- In possession of a driver’s license (preferably having own car)
- English (spoken and written) skills are required
- Must be fluent in Google Suite, Slack, Okta, Microsoft Office/O365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Working experience to install, configure and set-up workstations, printers, locations, management meetings, projects and reviews
- 1-3 years of proven experience in IT customer support and business partnership
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: