Sr. IT Auditor
Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
Varo is building a world-class Internal Audit Function and will be recognized for our customer and business focus, objectivity, and value-add. As Varo’s third line of defense, the Internal Audit Team will provide independent assurance on Varo’s governance, risk management practices, and internal controls. We will also conduct special advisory projects. As Varo is the first consumer fintech to get a national bank charter in the United States, we are seeking skilled and highly motivated professionals who want to be part of building a new audit function for a technology and data-driven business model in a regulated financial services sector.
As an IT Senior Auditor at Varo, you will work closely with the IT Senior Audit Manager to plan, scope, and execute internal audits. These audits will include a combination of risk-based technical audits, SOX-type IT General Control audits, advisory projects, and other projects to support regulatory requirements. We are looking for someone who is well organized, analytical, a quick learner, can adapt and work across different areas of the business, and has a technical background that is relevant to Varo’s all-digital, cloud-based infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing
- Involved in planning and executing on technical audits, including, but not limited to: cloud infrastructure, IT security, cybersecurity, application controls, and APIs
- Lead walkthroughs and meetings with key IT business partners
- Perform testing of key controls and document results in accordance with Internal Audit policies and procedures, industry best practices, and applicable regulatory guidelines
- Monitor progress of management's committed action plans and validate closure of remediated audit issues and regulatory findings
- Contribute to the audit methodology and development of the annual plan
- Develop and maintain productive client and team relationships
- Remain current on emerging FinTech, audit, and regulatory trends and proactively seek training, as needed
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 3+ years of internal audit experience, including at least 2 years of technical auditing
- Auditing knowledge of internal audit processes, practices, and methods
- Ability to evaluate and enhance processes and internal controlsTechnical acumen reflecting insight/understanding of native cloud environments including tools, systems, and processes needed for making sound decisions in Varo’s business
- Effective communicator who can transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs plus adjust to the audience
- Accuracy and attention to detail with minimal oversight and errorsAbility to manage multiple projects, in a fast-paced, high-volume environment while adapting to quick changes in direction
- Strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership
- Bachelor or Masters degree from an accredited university or equivalent education and experience, including military service, in the absence of a degree
- Current industry certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or relevant AWS cloud certification
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: