Transaction Reconciliations Manager
Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
About the Deposit Operations Team
Varo is here to change the banking industry. We work hard to create the best personal banking experience possible. We’re responsible for building a lasting relationship with our customers; they know we care about helping them grow! We are the deposit operations experts and support best practices for reconciliation. We support product, finance, operations, technology, and other key stakeholders with reconciliations for all internal and external money movements.
We’re designing and executing a best-in-class reconciliation process and strategy to reduce processing costs and continuously improve accuracy.
Reporting to the Transaction Operations Manager, you will help manage a defined set of reconciliation processes across money movements in the bank.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for managing settlement, funding and daily production of reconciliations relating to customer money movement activities.
- Provide direct or indirect leadership for team responsibilities and monitor progress.
- Responsible for implementation of internal controls, operational policies, processes, and services.
- Recommends and implements enhancements to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of services and systems.
- Manages resources and operating expenses.
- Coordinates with Finance, Technology and business partner relationships.
- May present business updates to senior management.
You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Around 5 years of financial, accounting, reconciliation and operations experience
- Prior experience managing people is a plus
- Knowledge of LOB applications, products and business processes.
- Comfortable working with large sets of data and identifying anomalies
- Strong analytical and issue-resolution skills
- Strong personal time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment
- Demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access).
- BA/BS degree with proven academic excellence
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: