Product Manager, Growth
Product, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
The Growth team at Varo is responsible for the entire customer lifecycle from acquisition to experiences that drive engagement and retention. We’re looking for a Product Manager with the skill to converge customer and business needs through an understanding of customer psychology and analytical thinking.
What you’ll be doing
- Dive deep into analytical insights to identify signal from the noise
- Understand our customers’ mental models to continuously provide them with value
- Define your objectives and drive KPIs through rapid experimentation
- Influence internal stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Operations, and the Executive Team to deliver on your objectives
- Partner with multiple product teams to showcase solutions over individual products and features.
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 2+ years of experience in large scale consumer Product Management
- A bias towards action - You’ll find a way to get the data you need to help inform your decision making and ways to get stuff done
- A measurement mindset - you know when to launch with holdouts, A/B tests, or multi-arm bandits
- Ability to distill complex information into clear and succinct strategy documents and actional PRDs
- Technically proficiency to collaborate with engineers to develop technical architecture of products you’ll be building
- Familiarity with UX paradigms and best practices.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: