Sr. Reconciliation Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
About the Operations Team
Varo is here to change the banking industry. We work hard to create the best personal banking experience possible. We’re responsible for building a lasting relationship with our customers; they know we care about helping them grow! We’re accountable for all service channels that we use to communicate, respond, and interact with customers. This includes digital, voice, and social media servicing. We also support all of Varo’s banking features such as deposit accounts, savings accounts, account aggregation, lending products, and many more to follow.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitor and reconcile transactional processing within Varo’s T24 Core Banking system to ensure proper recording to the customer account. Research exception items and drive them to resolution in partnership with operational teams, Finance, Fraud and IT.
- Process customer-level financial adjustments to transactions including (but not limited to) debit cards, checks, ATM, and ACH.
- Resolve reconciliation breaks timely in compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable regulations and strong customer service.
- Maintain operational reconciliation and exception procedures, addressing potential changes due to Varo’s organization, products, systems.
- Partner with Varo teams to ensure customer accounts and associated processes impacted by system enhancements, upgrades, and/or updates are tested with the Core Banking system.
- Mentor and provide training to team members
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences:
- 4+ years of prior deposit operations or reconciliation experience required, with a clear understanding of operational accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience researching reconciliation breaks and partnering with other teams to drive the exception items to resolution.
- Knowledge of bank policy, procedure, products and regulations, compliance.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with information relating to the bank, its customers, and employees
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: