Lead Creative Strategist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
As a Creative Strategist, you bring ideas to life across the entire customer journey. With your strategic and creative thinking, you'll work with marketing stakeholders to refine messaging and channel strategies and ensure a cohesive, differentiated brand that drives business value. You understand the intersection of communications, technology, and psychology in the mind of the consumer and can identify opportunities for Varo that span brand, product, tactics, and channels. As a pragmatic thinker in this fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, you'll play a role in shaping the future of the Varo brand. Join us in creating captivating campaigns, content, and product launches that engage and delight our audience.
*To be considered for this position, candidates must reside near one of our hub locations: San Fransisco, CA / Charlotte, NC / Salt Lake City, UT*
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate on messaging hierarchy development to ensure single-minded messaging, support with relevant RTBs, connection to customer emotional drivers and JTBD, and ladder to the overall brand
- Take leadership of the majority of the brief-writing and development process, while also refining stakeholder briefs, driving consultation, and be recognized as doing so by both key stakeholders and creatives, across multi-channel launches, social activations, and engagement marketing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the brand, business, and their customers through primary and secondary research to inform briefs, tactical briefs, messaging, audience personas, channel strategy, and marketing workshops
- Keep abreast of cultural, creative, and technological news and developments pertaining to Varo, fintech, and personal financeFoster strong, close, collaborative relationships with team members from
- Design/Creative, Marketing, data analytics, and product to develop strategies that lead to better creative work via innovative, differentiated communications and customer experiences
- Inform and collaborate on creative testing, and package and share learnings - the wins and the misses - scaling your impact beyond a single campaign or channel
You’ll bring the following required skills and experience:
- 8+ years of full-time experience in a creative strategist/advertising planner capacity, with a mix of agency and in-house experience (ideally at a startup)
- Experience working directly with creative teams on consumer-focused integrated full-funnel campaigns and touchpoints (display, social, lifecycle, web, in-product)
- A record of successfully developing creative campaigns and customer experience solutions that have demonstrated and driven value for clients' businesses
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to interface with Head, Director, VP, and C-Suite seniority
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of data, trends, and insight, and how these may be utilized in order to improve Varo’s business results
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: https://www.varomoney.com/privacy-legal/