Sr. Engineering Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you'll be doing
- You will be joining an existing team of DevOps focused Engineers who are an integral part of our software engineering organization
- You will be collaborating closely with peers within the Platform organization including Security Engineering and Security Operations
- You are automation-focused, and collectively strive to build and maintain a rapid-feedback platform that enables our engineers to accomplish their own goals instead of creating friction
- You are passionate about building a collaborative DevOps culture across the engineering organization.
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent in a related field with 3+ years of software industry experience (2+ years with an MS degree in a related field)
- Extensive experience setting up and optimizing CI/CD pipelines and source code management tools (Git, Gitlab, Github Action)
- Extensive experience with Observability tools, commercial and/or open-source (Prometheus, Splunk, ElasticSearch)
- Hands-on experience as an SRE, DevOps, or Backend developer providing support for complex software solutions (mobile, web, and/or cloud solutions)
- 2+ years of experience writing Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and/or configuration management (Ansible, Chef)
- Production experience with orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Nomad) and familiarity with containerization tools (Docker)
- Extensive experience hosting production services on public clouds (AWS, GCP)
- You are familiar with best practices of incident response and have been an escalation point in past production outages.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: