Sr. Fraud Risk Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
*To be considered for this position, applicants must reside near Salt Lake City, UT*
What you'll be doing
- Develop new data driven rules that optimize decisioning performance between Member experience and fraud prevention
- Work with external fraud prevention vendors to optimize their performance and assist in maintaining, design and implementation of existing and new fraud detection tools
- Aggregate and analyze internal and external risk datasets to understand performance of fraud decisioning and granular performance of multiple decision methods
- Find insights from risk data sets to improve fraud strategies and rules
- Lead fraud/risk investigations for both simple and complex cases to successful conclusion and mark false positives and false negative cases
- Complete investigation of customers and transactions flagged by the Bank's automated monitoring system(s), manual reports, and/or referrals
- Define, implement and manage rule rationalization and governance process
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 3-5 years of fraud or risk experience focused on the risk strategy and risk analytics; experience working at a FinTech or start-up is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in SQL queries, Tableau (and other BI tools), and day-to-day use of R/Python
- Experience in statistical modeling, predictive analysis, jupyter or pycharm, Tecton is a strong plus
- Good knowledge of financial products, including ACH, RDC, debit cards, credit cards, lending products, and deposit accounts
- Knowledge of fraud management systems such as Falcon, RSM, Iovation, Sentilink, Lexis is a plus
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language such as Python
- Strong BI and analytics skills and knowledge of tools such as SQL/Athena Rule rationalization and governance
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: