Mobile Engineer, iOS
Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
We are looking for a highly driven, consumer-oriented iOS developer to join our growing Engineering team. This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablets. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
What you'll be doing
- Build iOS applications integrating with both REST and GraphQL services.
- Work with the latest Apple technologies like SwiftUI and Combine.
- Build beautiful, exact UIs that meet the highest standard of fit and finish.
- Build applications that reflect a passion for quality.
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences:
- 2+ years experience in iOS native applications development.
- Solid understanding of mobile application architecture, including MVC/MVVM/MVP patterns. Speaking Swift fluently.
- Strong knowledge of UIKit and CoreAnimation.
- Experience in unit and UI testing.
- Understanding of the Scrum development process.
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Git.
- Understanding the need of our customers and thus making our product better.
- Being passionate and taking pride in what you and your team produces.
- Sharing your knowledge with your peers, through code reviews and mentoring.
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus.
- Financial industry experience is a plus.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants:
See more open positions at Varo Money
Something looks off?