Sr. Product Manager, Core Banking
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you'll be doing
- Design, build, and operate banking experiences, business processes, and features within a regulated, cloud-based modern core banking platform
- Define and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for banking service API layer for Varo
- Drive the requirements for core banking systems upgrades, migrations, enhancements, and updates
- Develop, document, and validate business and technical requirements, process flows, use cases, test plans, and other work streams related activities and artifacts
- Work with cross-functional teams to prioritize strategic requests, contract, and partner with external firms, execute changes in a high-quality fashion, and communicate progress to key stakeholders
- Contribute to vendor relationship management for core banking vendor, including commercial negotiations and holding vendor(s) accountable for delivering on SLA’s and commercial commitments
- Be the Functional and Technical SME on the core banking and banking as a service systems
- Ensure that core banking product and technical decisions are aligned with Bank's strategic goals and regulatory requirements
You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in product management
- Experience in core banking platform product management experience leveraging multiple enterprise technologies with a focus in retail banking
- Experience with one or more retail banking cores and payments systems such as Thought Machine, Temenos, FIS, Fiserv, Jack Henry & Associates, Finastra, etc
- Experience working with cloud based 3rd Party service providers
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants:
See more open positions at Varo Money
Something looks off?