Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
We’re a growing, ambitious, customer-obsessed group of creatives, researchers, writers, designers, developers, and thinkers breaking the model of the banking experience. We believe financial institutions can provide great products, services, and education to everyone—not only the 1 percent. We’re the team responsible for delivering on the Varo vision at every touchpoint, from every campaign to every product experience. Join us to create the future of banking.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating innovative mobile experiences for Varo customers
- Developing impactful user interface and experience copy to bring the Varo voice, brand, and story to life
- Contributing, expanding, and maintaining the Varo voice guide
- Deeply research topics to understand who the audience is, what they need, and how they behave
- Actively participate in design discussions to help define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product experience
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure we are shipping a high-quality experience that achieves impeccable fit and finish
- Build close relationships with your peers in Design, proactively soliciting their feedback to improve your work, collectively defining and upholding an integrated, holistic Varo experience across all our products and touchpoints
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve our processes
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 5+ years of professional UX writing experience
- Proven experience shipping products and/or significant features on desktop or mobile
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating intuitive UX copy
- Deep experience leveraging human-centered design methodologies and practices to unlock problems and solutions
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, Keynote, and other design tools
- Financial and/or tech experience is helpful
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants:
See more open positions at Varo Money
Something looks off?