Sr. Product Manager, BAAS and Core Banking
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you'll be doing
- Design, build, and operate banking experiences, business processes, and features within a regulated, cloud based modern core banking platform by defining capabilities, creating features and user stories
- Define and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for banking service API layer for Varo
- Drive the requirements for core banking systems upgrades, migrations, enhancements and updates
- Write functional specifications, manage a product backlog, provide test support, prioritize bugs and enhancements
- Will be required to develop, document and validate business and technical requirements, process flows, use cases, test plans and other work streams related activities and artifacts
- Work with cross-functional teams to prioritize strategic requests, contract and partner with external firms, execute changes in a high-quality fashion, and communicate progress to key stakeholders
- Contribute on vendor relationship management for core banking vendor, including commercial negotiations and holding vendor(s) accountable to delivering on SLA’s and commercial commitments
- Be the Functional and Technical SME on the core banking and banking as a service systems
- Ensure that core banking product and technical decisions are aligned with Banks strategic goals and regulatory requirements
You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related field (or foreign equivalent)
- STEM Master's degree is a plus
- 6+ years of experience in product management
- 3+ years of core banking platform product management experience leveraging multiple enterprise technologies with a focus in retail banking
- Experience with one or more retail banking cores and payments systems such as Thought Machine, Temenos, FIS, Fiserv, Jack Henry & Associates, Finastra, etc
- Experience working with cloud based 3rd Party service providers
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: https://www.varomoney.com/privacy-legal/
See more open positions at Varo Money
Something looks off?