Principal Analyst, Growth Analytics
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s Growth Analytics team is responsible for bringing data backed decision making to Upstart’s customer acquisition and retention efforts. As the Principal Analyst, Growth Analytics at Upstart, you will partner with marketing and product leaders to fuel Upstart’s growth.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, USA
Travel Requirements - As a digital first company, the majority of your work can be accomplished remotely. The majority of our employees can live and work anywhere in the U.S but are encouraged to to still spend high quality time in-person collaborating via regular onsites. The in-person sessions’ cadence varies depending on the team and role; most teams meet once or twice per quarter for 2-4 consecutive days at a time.This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Partner cross-functionally to set the growth strategy and analytics roadmap for multiple products at Upstart
- Effectively use analytics tools such as Amplitude/Looker to understand the performance of our growth efforts and make proactive recommendations on how to grow
- Conduct quantitative analysis to test hypotheses about our users and the way they interact with our product
- Administer AB tests in the product, monitor results and generate product and business recommendations
- Collaborate with analytics engineering and software engineering to continuously uplevel our data capabilities, making new data available as the business expands, and accelerate time to insights
- Identify and report key growth metrics to leadership team
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Strong analytical and quantitative background with at least 9 years professional experience at a high growth company
- 4+ years of experience in marketing and/or growth analytics
- Expertise with data analysis tools (SQL, Python, Looker, etc.)
- Degree in Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative field
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Preferred qualifications:
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, or a related field
- Previous experience making impact within a growth or marketing organization
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.