Senior Manager, Operations Analytics
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Senior Manager - Operations Analytics at Upstart, you will lead our operations analytics team to focus on onboarding, servicing, collections and portfolio management. You’ll be responsible for driving understanding, insights and decision making relating to the operations of Upstart platform. You’ll partner with our Operations, Product, Engineering and Legal & Compliance teams to take advantage of our unique technology to achieve their business goals.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, USA
Travel Requirements - As a digital first company, the majority of your work can be accomplished remotely. The majority of our employees can live and work anywhere in the U.S but are encouraged to to still spend high quality time in-person collaborating via regular onsites. The in-person sessions’ cadence varies depending on the team and role; most teams meet once or twice per quarter for 2-4 consecutive days at a time.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Engage with operations, business and product leads to build understanding of Upstart’s operations and portfolio performance
- Influence strategic and day-to-day decision making relating to operational functions
- Define and execute strategies to continuously improve our operational reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Coach and develop a high performing team of analysts.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- 7+ years work experience in increasingly senior analytical / operations / general management roles in technology and/or finance industry
- 5+ years experience leading & developing teams of analysts and/or data scientists
- Experience in/related to operations in technology and/or finance industry
- Hands-on experience with operations monitoring and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Preferred qualifications:
- Ability to craft executive-ready narratives around complex business & operations topics, and to successfully influence and drive C-level decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in deep partnership with cross-functional colleagues especially in Operations, Product, Engineering, ML, Legal and Compliance teams
- Skills to navigate and lead a team through periods with changing or competing priorities
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.