Contact Center (Telephony) Analyst, Product Operations
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As Upstart’s Operations teams continue to grow at a rapid pace, the tools they use on a daily basis need to improve and grow along with them. Upstart’s Product Operations team utilizes customer feedback to build new functionality and iterate upon existing workflows within the tools most used by our Operations teams. Our main goal is to support our Operations teams’ ability to provide an exceptional customer experience at a massive scale and across all products.
As a Contact Center (Telephony) Analyst in the Ops Product Operations group, you are responsible for maintaining and supporting the systems and tools utilized by our contact center teams. You will partner with contact center leadership and technical teams to scale our operations and implement new lending partners. This entails providing technical support to operational users, writing requirements, system configuration of workflows, testing, organizing user acceptance testing (UAT), and implementing new features. You are also responsible for managing and configuring additional systems and tools that our Operations teams use, as well as working closely with Operations stakeholders to launch new systems and tools, and support our Product Operations help center.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote
Time Zone Requirements - The team operates in all US time zones, but Eastern Time zone is preferred for this role.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular onsite collaboration sessions. These occur 2 days per Quarter at the Columbus and San Mateo offices. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Act as subject matter expert and first line of support for front-line operational users using our contact center phone and collections systems
- Partner with contact center leadership to identify and implement opportunities to gain efficiencies and scale operations leveraging our phone system
- Manage and document contact center phone configurations for all workflows and lending partner launches
- Support our front-line operations teams by managing and configuring systems and tools for new workflows and lending partner launches
- Create and work with stakeholders to get sign off on requirements that specify how new tools and features should work
- Work cross-functionally with IT, Compliance, Change Management and other teams to support the launch of new system features
- Keep key stakeholders informed on current status of upcoming features and tools
- Use critical thinking and good judgment to diagnose, escalate and resolve complex bugs and issues
- Support our Product Operations help center and assist with other team projects and initiatives on an as needed basis
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Experience configuring telephony, collections, or similar contact center systems
- 3+ years of experience in product or a role focused on system/tool management, configuration and optimization - preferably in a highly regulated industry
- Familiarity with SQL / SOQL / SAQL, HTML, AMPscript and/or Apex
- Experience working cross-functionally between operations and technical teams to write business requirements
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and understanding the the cross-functional and business implications of decisions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Preferred qualifications:
- Strong leadership potential and the ability to organize a small team to execute on project tasks and achieve a common goal
- Good understanding of how operational policies & procedures, as well as efficiency and scalability, are impacted by tools and features
- Ability to make judgment calls amid ambiguity and adapt acquired knowledge to new and challenging problems
- Interest and ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- Ability to work well under limited direction
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM - either as an end user or admin
- Experience working with technical teams to build/launch features, design automation scripts or tools and implement support systems
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Consumer lending experience
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
This is a Non-Exempt position. Employees in this position are paid an hourly pay rate, on a bi-weekly basis, and are eligible to receive overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a work week, or over 8 in a work day if required by state law.
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated annualized base salary for this position is expected to be within this range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k). Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The salary listed below for sales roles is On Target Earnings which includes both salary and commission, assuming 100% target achievement.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
Something looks off?