Senior Manager, Identity and Access Management
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Our IT department manages support, projects, and initiatives for technology at Upstart. As the Senior Manager of our Identity and Access Management program, you will drive audit excellence and deliver sound IAM processes to ensure that we remain secure and efficient. You will be responsible for the ongoing development and enhancement of solutions to provide secure access to the right application or data, for the right individual, for the right reason, at the right time. You will have company-wide impact running large projects with significant complexity delivering IAM solutions and systems. This is a highly visible role in which you’ll expand your project management and technical leadership skills while managing a talented team of IT professionals.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, San Mateo, Columbus, Austin
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions, these occur 3 days per quarter. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Ensure alignment of IT access management and governance with the company’s business objectives and assist with the definition of the IAM strategy.
- Maintain and monitor internal controls to ensure access requests are handled in accordance with our policies and standards.
- Coordinate audit-related tasks to ensure the readiness of the IAM team for audit testing, including annual reviews for all phases of a person’s lifecycle.
- Lead, grow, and develop IT professionals and remove any blockers for the team.
- Optimize and provide backup for all areas related to identity and access management processes including but not limited to onboarding, offboarding, and access requests.
- Engage with stakeholders to identify problems, gather requirements, propose and implement solutions.
- Being proactive in engaging leadership regarding major incidents and project progress.
- Identify areas for automations that help drive operational efficiencies.
- Update and oversee documentation related to all configurations and processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum requirements:
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing an Identity or IT team.
- 7+ years of work experience integrating identity and access management systems into infrastructure and applications.
- Strong knowledge of security, audit and compliance frameworks SOX, SOC, etc…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, determine requirements and run your own large scale projects.
- Preferred qualifications:
- 5+ years of managing an ITSM (Jira, ServiceNow, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with an Identity Management Software (Okta, Active Directory, etc…)
- 2+ years of experience with IT governance tools (Sailpoint, CyberArk, Okta, etc..)
- 1+ years of managing an IT SOX PMO
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within this range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k). Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The salary listed below for sales roles is On Target Earnings which includes both salary and commission, assuming 100% target achievement.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
Something looks off?