Senior Salesforce Developer
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer at Upstart, you will drive our Salesforce team forward by working on full-lifecycle engineering efforts using agile methodologies, object-oriented design, and accepted design patterns & practices. As Upstart continues to grow, so will Salesforce, and you’ll have the power to make your own decisions about the strategy and direction of our Salesforce instances which provide significant impact to Upstart as a whole. You’ll build meaningful relationships and partnerships across the business to conceive and design innovative solutions to challenging problems.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, San Mateo, Austin, Columbus
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on the across all U.S. time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur three days per Quarter at one of our offices. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests.
- Drive your own projects from requirements gathering to execution.
- Proactively engage in continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Document all implementation processes and procedures as well as ‘how-to’ documentation for the business.
- Quickly respond, provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance
- Thrive in an agile environment and be adaptable to work changes that can shift quickly.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum requirements:
- 5+ years of experience working on Salesforce platforms including Sales, Service, Marketing Clouds and Lightning framework.
- Active SFDC Development Certifications (Marketing Cloud Developer, Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer)
- Experience working with Journey Builder, Automation Studio, Email Studio, Content Builder, Contact Builder, and Einstein
- Preferred qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of Salesforce best practices, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views and system access (roles and profiles)
- Experience working with third party applications that integrate with salesforce
- Experience with any CI/CD tool
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, peers, and other business groups
- Proficient understanding of internal and external customer requirements
- Experience creating Lightning Apps using all Lightning development components
What You’ll Love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within this range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k). Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The salary listed below for sales roles is On Target Earnings which includes both salary and commission, assuming 100% target achievement.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
Something looks off?