Performance Optimization Manager, Uplift
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Uplift, acquired by Upgrade in 2023, offers an enterprise Buy Now, Pay Later solution used by the world’s most loved brands, including Southwest Airlines, Carnival Cruise Line, Air Canada, Universal Studios, and more. With flexible pay over time installments, we empower consumers to buy what matters most while unlocking higher conversions and customer lifetime value for our partners.
About the Role:
The Performance Optimization Manager is responsible for developing and executing conversion strategies for the top 20 partners based on real time data to drive deeper percentage penetration of the Upgrade/Uplift business. The strategies focus on relevancy, targeting and smart testing opportunities to further generate user engagement with Upgrade/Uplift’s Buy Now Pay Later product. They work closely with all stakeholders to analyze performance data, plan ongoing testing strategies, execute testing plans and present results for ongoing continuous product enhancements.
The Performance Optimization Manager establishes clear business metrics for their area of responsibility, model the impact of test results and assess the achieved impacts against the forecasted KPIs. The role interacts daily with the account management team, analytics team, product and other business units as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze funnel metrics of top partners to understand conversion trend
- Own and execute A/B testing strategies to optimize funnel conversion by enhancing UX experience and uncovering product improvement opportunities
- Create a culture of test and learn for the organization by instilling best practices, publishing ongoing testing results, and demonstrating subject matter expertise
- Manage testing roadmap -- prioritizing initiatives that deliver short term results and learning while maintaining progress toward the long-term vision
- Establish weekly cadence internally with Account Management team for effective cross-team collaboration and communications
Partner with Account Managers, Partner Analytics, Data Analytics and Product to develop robust testing and measurement plan - customizing for individual partners as needed
- Collaborate with Account Manager to create cohesive testing strategy to present to partners as needed
- Collaborate closely with Integration Leads to understand BNPL implementation to assess feasibility of testing proposals
- Partner closely with Product team to implement new features using data gathered from ongoing test and learn initiatives
What We Look For:
- 3-5 years’ experience:
- in eCommerce and digital strategy spanning across multiple devices and channels
- A/B testing experience - both planning and tactical execution
- Exceptional analytical skills - specifically reviewing transactional funnel metrics, interpreting real time data, test results and drawing conclusions with actionable insights
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiative
Expert with analytics tool and BI reporting platform Tableau
- Strong project management skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, present to all levels of the organization, deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Methodical problem solving skills with a desire to continuously learn and improve the current structure
Nice to Have:
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Product development experience is a plus
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
The compensation range of this position in San Francisco, CA is $100,000 - $130,000 USD annually plus equity and benefits. Within this range, an individual's base pay will be dependent on a variety of factors, including without limitation, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience.
Upgrade has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States and Canada, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range could vary depending on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location.
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.