Dispute Resolution Specialist
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Dispute Resolution Specialist is responsible for the dispute process involving home improvement projects financed using Upgrade home improvement loans. Reporting into the Contractor Operations Department, The ideal candidate brings strong communication skills, attention to detail, advanced computer skills (Google suite, Excel) and has an adaptable mindset to our fast growing and team oriented environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for reviewing, researching, investigating and resolving customer disputes in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate with customers and contractors regarding documentation requests via email and telephone
- Ensures Disputes milestones are met within REG-E timeframes
- Partners with cross-functional teams including but not limited to sales, legal, compliance, financial crimes, product and engineering to escalate and address issues identified during the dispute process
- Drives the buildout and maintenance of procedures, reporting, and proper documentation of the dispute process
- Improve the structure around complex business activities, lead process improvement initiatives derived from trend analysis, team member feedback and product enhancements
- Other ad hoc projects may be assigned
What We Look For:
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service role or equivalent role
- Entrepreneurial mindset, as a start up, we are growing quickly and you may need to adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high quality work output in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail, Demonstrated creativity in finding solutions quickly in response to customer and business demand
- Motivated, self starter with problem solving, negotiation and work prioritization skills
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.