Senior Manager, Fraud Analytics
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Upgrade’s Fraud Analytics team is looking for a Fraud Analytics Senior Manager who is passionate in fighting against fraud and has extensive experience in building teams and being a people manager. This leader should specialize in analyzing fraud patterns while creating and adapting advanced fraud prevention mechanisms to not only solve emerging fraud trends, but also to provide a great experience to our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a wide variety of partners in the company, such as product experts, platform engineers and back-end operation to mitigate and manage Upgrade financial loss caused by fraud risk such as third party identity fraud, first party fraud, ACH returns, unauthorized card chargeback and account take-over.
- Apply advanced statistical techniques, algorithms, and industry tools to develop solutions that predict and prevent fraud risk associated with Upgrade products.
- Build fraud risk related variables based on fraudulent trends and insights.
- Create robust and customer-friendly policies to reduce dispute abuse in identity fraud claims, ACH, and card transactions.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in one of the following: economics, finance, engineering, statistics or a related field.
- 6+ years experience in performing data management and analytics.
- Prior leadership experience building and leading a small team
- Prior experience in Transactional Fraud Risk Management
- Working knowledge of ACH return and card transaction dispute processes a plus
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with proven ability to perform detailed analysis in real world problems
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills a must, including the ability to explain and/or present analyses and convey complex ideas to all audiences
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Proficiency using SQL and querying relational databases
- Excellent spoken and written English
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of Python and Tableau a plus
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
The compensation range of this position in San Francisco, CA is USD $125,000 - $140,000 annually plus equity and benefits. Within this range, an individual's base pay will be dependent on a variety of factors, including without limitation, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience.
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact email@example.com.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.