Capital Markets Manager
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Manager to join our Capital Markets team. The Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining funding capital from relationships with institutional investors, warehouse financing providers, and investment banks. This is a hybrid role, in-office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, reporting into the Senior Director, Capital Markets in our San Francisco office.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze various financing options (including warehouse facilities, securitizations, forward flow whole loan sales, etc.) to determine optimal funding strategy
- Understand and negotiate legal agreements related to structured finance transactions
- Provide analysis on collateral performance by leveraging tools such as SQL and Tableau
- Collaborate with internal credit, product, and operations teams to provide a best-in-class investor experience
- Manage the onboarding of new institutional investors, warehouse facilities, and securitization deals, including operational setup and documentation review
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with institutional investors
- Work with operations and engineering teams to ensure data integrity of investor reporting
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of relevant capital markets experience
- Advanced in Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Understanding of consumer lending and credit underwriting
- Knowledge of consumer asset backed securities (ABS) markets
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a strong client service skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and recognize and focus on critical issues
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?