Sales Development Representative, Home Improvement
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
We are building a brand new Home Improvement business headquartered in Atlanta under the umbrella of Upgrade. We’ve put together an experienced leadership team in this space and now want to build a sales team who wants to contribute and learn beyond just day to day selling.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to join and help build our sales team in North America. The sales team is responsible for attracting new home improvement contractors to offer their customers payment options through Upgrade.
What’s unique about this role is that you’ll be joining the Home Improvement team at the ground floor. If you’ve ever dreamed of working at an early stage start-up, this role will allow you to contribute well beyond the scope of a normal SDR role, and to have a hands-on opportunity to help create a business from the ground floor. You’ll be able to do all of this under the umbrella of an established Bay-Area FinTech without the risks that most early stage start-ups face.
What You’ll Do:
- Cold-call contacts and running multiple outbound sequences across different channels to win over new customers and get them to attend a 15-30 minute demo with Sales
- Ask qualifying questions and share a few product benefits to prospective contractors
- Collaborate closely with Sales and Customer Success team members to research and develop target lists and account-based sales strategies to drive opportunities and lead generation
- Engage in and champion the proper culture and processes for a motivated, balanced, and highly efficient team capable of scaling up at later stages of organizational maturity
What We Look For:
- Interest and experience in an outbound dialing environment
- Interest in not just performing the SDR role but in helping shape a new offering’s go-to-market
- Experience in developing trusted relationships with new customers
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams to succeed in managing projects
- Adaptability - you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it.
- Agility and resilience – you move quickly and encourage continued improvement
- Strong work ethic and competitive mindset – you always want to be at the top of the leaderboard
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?