Senior Software Engineer in Test
At Trulioo, we build and connect digital identity networks around the globe, and this framework of trust empowers businesses to assess the various risks associated with digital identities. Our mission is to build trust online. Digital services hold the promise of allowing anyone to interact and transact with anyone, anywhere. However, the threat of bad actors gets in the way of our connectedness; the global village only works if we trust each other.
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 330 million businesses in more than 195 countries. With offices in Vancouver, San Diego, Austin, Dublin, Copenhagen, and Singapore, we’ve fostered a world class team committed to building trust online. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. At Trulioo, we truly believe “everyone is someone” and we invite you to join our mission and celebrate the positive change we are making in the world.
To help fuel our growth, we are looking for a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer in Test to expand our Engineering team. You will be a Senior Software Engineer who specializes in developing automated tools that help evaluate product quality. Most importantly, you will build various type of exciting applications to support our QA team at Trulioo. Our Engineering team goes above and beyond to ensure our software systems are robust and of high quality. The tools and solutions you build with our team will help increase our development productivity with Continuous Integration. You are a passionate engineer that has strong experience in delivering quality solutions in a Scrum/Agile environment.
This role will report to the QA Manager but please not, this is not a QA engineer role. This is a full-time position out of our Mount Pleasant, Vancouver HQ.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and maintain high-quality software applications and testing tools, both frontend and backend technologies following industry best practices
- Lead technical design and architecture for different solutions
- Debug issues efficiently using systematic approaches and tools, contributing to improved observability
- Improve and add new features to existing automation framework architecture
- Write technical documentation to help our users on-boarding
- Immerse yourself into the Engineering Scrum teams to provide the best on-boarding experience (training, code review, tool integration, etc.)
- Work with other team’s developers, QA Engineers and PMs to understand testing and delivery pain points and propose and deliver the solution
- Promote good coding practices within the team
- Mentor and train intermediate and junior team members
- Occasionally support Engineering Scrum teams with test automation coverage
- 4+ years of experience in developing robust software solutions, systems or test automation frameworks
- Proven proficiency in implementing sound software development practices at scale
- Strong ability to write clean, scalable, and efficient code using industry-standard programming languages and frameworks
- Passionate for software quality and customer focused
- Solid technical understanding of SaaS, REST APIs, micro-services and Web applications
- Experience with source control systems such as Gitlab, Git, etc.
- Ability to learn new technologies and architectures. (We use C#, Typescript, React, Kotlin, Cypress, Appium, Terraform, AWS tools and more)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the English language with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or other STEM field, or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience in mobile automation and familiar with Appium and mobile development (Swift, Jetpack Compose)
- Experience in DevOps development
- Experience in Containerization with Docker in AWS (ECS, EKS)
- Experience in mocking services
- Experience in test automation for GUI and Backend services and familiarity with Automation frameworks
- Experience with technologies like NodeJS, React, SQL and AWS
Working at Trulioo
You will be challenged to achieve, develop, and grow as part of a hyper-growth company. Candidates may be asked to complete a criminal record background check as part of our hiring process.
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and create a better world by revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online. We are on a mission to make sure no one is left behind and everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in the modern digital economy. In order to do this well, diversity and inclusion have always been fundamental to our mission, our culture and our life. Trulioo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience connects us with the customers and communities we serve, attracting top talent and passionate changemakers across the globe. Our mission matters – for billions of people everywhere.
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Trulioo’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
We're committed to providing a meaningful environment for every member of our team. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles.
You are naturally curious, invest time to better understand complex concepts and have strong attention to detail. You love working in a team where trust is key and want to make an impact everyday. If this sounds like you, please apply and come work with us.
Studies show that minorities and members of underrepresented groups apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Trulioo encourages everyone interested in a role to apply. We look forward to your application!
Trulioo collects, processes, and discloses personal data solely for the purposes reasonably required to establish, manage, or terminate an employment relationship. This includes:
• your name and contact details, including email and phone number; and
• details of your qualifications, skills, and relevant experience.
Trulioo believes the information in this publication is accurate as of its publication date. The information contained in this publication is subject to change without notice.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS PUBLICATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” TRULIOO INFORMATION SERVICES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION IN THIS PUBLICATION AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
No part of this document may be reproduced without the express written consent of Trulioo Information Services Inc.