Senior Payroll Administrator
At Trulioo, we build and connect digital identity networks around the globe, and this framework of trust empowers businesses to assess the various risks associated with digital identities. Our mission is to build trust online. Digital services hold the promise of allowing anyone to interact and transact with anyone, anywhere. However, the threat of bad actors gets in the way of our connectedness; the global village only works if we trust each other.
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 330 million businesses in more than 195 countries. With offices in Vancouver, San Diego, Austin, Dublin, Copenhagen, and Singapore, we’ve fostered a world class team committed to building trust online. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. At Trulioo, we truly believe “everyone is someone” and we invite you to join our mission and celebrate the positive change we are making in the world.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring Trulioo’s payroll records and reports are accurately maintained. You’ll be relied upon to collaborate with other departments, as well as work within the finance team. We strive to provide accurate and timely financial information to key stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing and recording payroll in multiple countries (Canada, USA, Ireland, UK, Denmark, Singapore) and coordinating with payroll providers as required
- Preparing payroll and other employee compensation journal entries
- Reconciliation of payroll-related accounts
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations, including reporting and remitting of payroll taxes and other statutory payments
- Payroll related reporting, including WCB returns, co-op reports, IRAP/SRED reporting, and EHT reporting
- Managing the calculation, reporting, and communication of commissions, bonus, and other variable compensation
- Work closely with People and Culture (P&C) and Finance on the hiring process
- Tracking headcount budgets and approvals
- Weekly reporting on hiring status
- Updates to headcount forecast
- Payroll related employee communications
- Work with P&C on employee benefits administration
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Ability to multitask on a variety of different tasks in the same day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with other departments, own department, and independently
- Willingness to learn and improve processes.
Education and Experience:
- Recognized payroll accreditation (PCP or equivalent), or near completion of the accreditation
- Post-Secondary Degree in business or accounting or combination of related experience and education
- 5-6 years of previous experience in payroll, including variable compensation
- US and Canadian payroll experience required; international payroll experience is an asset
- Experience working in a start-up or other fast-paced/high-growth environment is an asset
Working at Trulioo
You will be challenged to achieve, develop, and grow as part of a hyper-growth company.
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and create a better world by revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online. We are on a mission to make sure no one is left behind and everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in the modern digital economy. In order to do this well, diversity and inclusion have always been fundamental to our mission, our culture and our life. Trulioo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience connects us with the customers and communities we serve, attracting top talent and passionate changemakers across the globe. Our mission matters – for billions of people everywhere.
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Trulioo’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
We're committed to providing a meaningful environment for every member of our team. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles.
You are naturally curious, invest time to better understand complex concepts and have strong attention to detail. You love working in a team where trust is key and want to make an impact everyday. If this sounds like you, please apply and come work with us.
Studies show that minorities and members of underrepresented groups apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Trulioo encourages everyone interested in a role to apply. We look forward to your application!