Senior Full Stack Engineer, Card
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
ABOUT THE TEAM 🤝
The Card Capture team builds the systems that fuel the growth of our main credit card product, The Rocket Visa Signature Card. We’re leveraging the Rocket ecosystem to build a world-class credit card experience that will help our customers improve their financial health and reach their goals. We work across the stack to bring joy to a number of key flows in the credit card lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Securely applying for credit cards within the Rocket Money web and mobile app.
- Provisioning both physical cards (shipped to members) and virtual cards (pushed to mobile wallets).
- Activating the customer’s new card and introducing them to innovative features that will land our credit card at the top of their wallet.
- Having new customers switch their bills and subscriptions over to use their new card with less friction than they could have imagined.
- Reliably charging the customer their annual fee or crediting them their spend bonus only if and when they are eligible.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Work in a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers, and more to deliver a high-impact product to our customers in the form of a credit card with which to make their daily purchases.
- Own complex features end-to-end, from initial product & technical design stages through to production, ensuring the appropriate engineering rigor has been applied as we put these financial products in front of our customers.
- Develop with TypeScript across the stack, building user interfaces using React[-Native] and the backend support required to power them with Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Be a steward of good user experience, ensuring that the interfaces we present our users are performant, understandable, and delightful.
- Help to maintain our high technical bar, participating in code reviews and design discussions to ensure that we're applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 6+ years of professional experience working with some combination of Node.js/TypeScript, React (or similar framework), GraphQL, SQS, and Postgres (or similar relational database).
- You're both a student and a teacher, continually seeking to grow as an engineer and help those around you grow as well.
- You're not just interested in what you're building, but also why you're building it. You want to see the bigger picture of how the software you‘re building is benefitting our users.
- You have a collaborator mindset and can break technical work into smaller pieces, coordinating with other team members to ship software quickly while still maintaining a cohesive application.
- You hold yourself accountable to a high level of rigor during development, code review, and post-deployment monitoring in production.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional Information: Salary range of $150,000 - $185,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.