ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey. Rocket Money’s team is a mission driven group of talented collaborative folks, working in a remote first company, with offices in several cities if you are interested in fully optional, office or in-person time.
We are looking for an Associate Counsel to join our fast-growing remote-first team. As a core member of our awesome legal team, you will work with our Head of Legal and Assistant Head of Legal and be expected to accelerate our velocity by working with the business to efficiently and proactively identify ways to increase opportunity, mitigate risk, and eliminate legal blockers. This role will help us continue to drive our business forward while enhancing our strategic goals and vision working collaboratively across teams. You can expect interesting and innovative problem solving will be key. Here you will also find a welcoming and well rounded team who are interested in working together in a supportive and forthright atmosphere.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
Working with our team, you will:
- Act as a true legal partner to internal business teams on a variety of topics pertaining to, among other things agreements, compliance, privacy, security, marketing, and financial regulations
- Provide strong technical and commercial excellence to identify legal risk and find innovative solutions to any issues that arise
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements
- Collaborate to manage external counsel when necessary
- Build trust and support business stakeholders
- Stay apprised of relevant regulatory development
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- JD degree & current admission
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house (with at least 2 years consecutively within one of your recent roles preferred)
- Strong drafting experience
- Experience with a fast-growing startup environment preferred
- Ability to cover multiple areas of law and learn new areas quickly
- Ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess and communicate legal business risks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with any of the following is worth noting when you apply: Financial regulation, payments/credit cards, ADR, marketing compliance, IP, or data privacy/security.
- Track record of creative problem-solving and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
- Proactive personality and eagerness to dig in and learn about the business, the industry, and new areas of the law and applicable regulations
- Most of all our entire team brings a product focused mindset with an eye towards collaborative, integrated problem solving. Experience working with product, marketing, data, and engineering teams to provide actionable counsel or with any form of technology team either as a lawyer or in other career phases is likely to be helpful.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $120,000 - $150,000/year + bonus + benefits Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skill, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.*
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.