Senior Business Data Analyst
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
We’re growing our team and are looking for a Senior Business Data Analyst to take ownership of all financial data, streamline and own financial accuracy / reporting and develop cross functional relationships across data finance and product.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
In this role, you will:
- Understand the data needs of the finance department, and work to develop and maintain data-driven dashboards to ensure the most current and accurate data is used for financial systems / reporting.
- Partner closely with Analytics Engineers to create data models that support essential insights and expand existing reporting capabilities. Dive deep into our Quote-to-Cash (Q2C) system to extract meaningful data for analysis and improvement.
- Collaborate with other Finance team members to analyze data, using your business acumen to identify ways for us to improve our operational efficiency.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with department leaders across the organization, utilizing data-driven insights to support business decisions.
- Be a steward of good measurement and experimental design -- design analyses, dashboards, data sets and tooling in a manner that ensures testability, repeatability, and robustness.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of our personal finance and credit card business and help build and grow data models that serve our operational reality.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 5+ years of experience as an analyst (proficient in SQL).
- You are able to use your intuition and analytical know how to figure out if a flow is broken, break down if a feature is or is not working as intended, etc.
- You understand the importance of documentation and defining/creating data dictionaries.
- You love telling a story with data and appreciate the challenge of designing and building a dashboard that helps build a decision support framework for your peers.
- You’re organized and pay attention to the details.
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience with fintech, banking, subscription businesses, or consumer transaction data
Additional information: Salary range of $110,000 - $140,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.