Senior Machine Learning Engineer
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
Rocket Money is in the next phase of its machine learning journey. Over the past two years, we’ve taken models from their infancy to critical path - classifying billions of transactions for millions of users, predicting LTV in milliseconds, and building the monitoring, tooling, and infrastructure that enables that level of operation. We’re looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the team. This person will operate existing ML models and grow the impact ML has at Rocket Money through new ML products and tools that enable others.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹♀️
- Operate as a system owner. That means overseeing every aspect of the machine learning system you build - from the creation and curation of training data, to the model lifecycle, to the product interface, and the user feedback. You’ll oversee models from the start: encompassing 0-1 launch, and scaling from 1-2, 2-10
- Develop the next generation of machine intelligence at Rocket Money - enabling people to reduce complexity and empower people to take control of their financial lives
- Be a system builder - Rocket Money tends to build engineering systems that self heal, alert when they break, and are generally independent. Our ML systems will benefit from an automate and scale mindset
- Help us increase the impact ML can have at Rocket Money. Right now, our models are siloed in architecture and tooling. As we bring more models online, we’ll need to synthesize and establish common patterns that enable scale
- Ship, observe, measure, learn, iterate - that’s the mantra of the team. Build the feedback loops first and iterate to product solutions. Our motto is to learn faster than others - and you’ll be key to growing that culture
- Be up for the challenge to build, test, and launch systems in areas with large asymmetric downside - your models may include account balance predictions, automated money movement, and automated decisions on people’s finances
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 5+ years of experience building and operating ML models for consumer applications, particularly those with experience building end-to-end systems
- Practical experience scaling models for speed and data capacity as part of a production system
- Experience in building pipelines for the extraction, enrichment, and classification of text
- Experience with current ML tooling and willingness to learn and test new frameworks best suited to the problem
- Strong opinions on how to instrument their ML models that ensure quality predictions are being delivered to our users
- Prior experience with financial data, time series predictions, and transformer models is highly desired
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $150,000 - $200,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.