Senior Full-Stack Engineer, Data Ingestion
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
ABOUT THE TEAM 🤝
Our Data Ingestion team, internally named "Team Ingress", is focused on consuming the vast amount of financial data coming into our system, applying valuable insights and managing the lifecycle of that data. We also work closely with the data and machine learning teams to roll out new models, gather analytics and telemetry data and run data-backed experiments. As we grow we’ll be scaling and iterating on our transaction processing pipeline as well as evolving our subscription detection and service classification implementations.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Work alongside a team to implement, iterate and debug data-driven high-scale financial insights.
- Own projects from end to end, making key decisions in the implementation of new features that balance technical concerns with business concerns.
- Develop with TypeScript across the stack, with an occasional glancing of other programming languages and paradigms depending on what the architecture dictates.
- Work with both the GCP and AWS cloud stacks.
- Evaluate and use a large variety of data-focused products: Temporal, PostgreSQL, SQS, Kafka, BigQuery, Aurora.
- Be a steward of good data ownership, ensuring that the data which users trust us with is treated with the utmost prudence for security and privacy.
- Help to maintain our high technical bar, participating in code reviews and design discussions to ensure that we're applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
- Develop an understanding of our users to build and measure features which help them better understand and improve their finances.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You are passionate about the problems of large data - in addition to just building features you care about the architecture and overall picture of how the pieces fit together.
- Can work aside an ML team to connect application code with ML models, collect telemetry data and run experiments.
- Are intrigued by problems of scale and finding the right technology to get us to the next step.
- You have experience growing an app around user demands - whether debugging database indexes or migrating data from one system to another.
- Have experience with Node.js, PostgreSQL and GraphQL but are also not beholden to a particular language or framework.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $150,000 - $185,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?