Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Postgres
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
ABOUT THE TEAM 🤹
We’re looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on PostgreSQL to bring expertise to the core foundation of our stack which has continued to carry us through a phase of rapid growth. We operate with terabytes of data stored across billions of rows, all running in the cloud through distributed architectures. You would be coming-in and owning a key lynchpin of our our product, including:
- Partnering with Software Engineering to architect & design our databases to be performant at-scale
- Ownership of database load-balancing for hundreds of containers, with varying levels of load from distributed systems
- Improving our fault-tolerance mechanisms to enable multi-region disaster recovery
- Designing & managing production monitoring & alerting systems
- Defining & owning the Database roadmap, ensuring we not only can continue to scale today, but also in five years.
All of this would be to ensure things are working in a highly-performant manner to ensure our millions of users are able to continue improving their financial lives with Rocket Money.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have experience building and supporting production systems operating at a large scale with high uptime requirements. Bonus points for prior experience with capacity planning in distributed systems for high-growth companies.
- You are an expert with working with Postgres databases at-scale, including managing both partitioned and shared databases in the cloud (AWS preferred!) with multiple TBs of data.
- You balance innovation and pragmatism. You’re comfortable going off the beaten path when the use case demands, but place value on not reinventing a perfectly good wheel.
- You are always looking for ways to improve systems, constantly designing and re-engineering the roadmap to improve the performance and availability of our databases as we grow.
- You thrive on identifying the root-cause of issues rather than symptoms, especially in distributed architectures.
- You're familiar with the principles of "Infrastructure as Code", using tools like Packer and Terraform.
- You have a mind for not just scalability, but also security. Building tools to audit and protect our production environment is very important to us.
- You are experienced with CI/CD best practices and implementation (webapp or CircleCI knowledge is a plus!).
- You shy away from manual work/processes and default to writing code to automate where possible.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Additional information: Salary range of $125,000 - $200,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?