VP, Information Security
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
TrueML is a software company developing machine learning-driven products that prioritize customer experience and revolutionize the experience of consumers seeking financial health. The mission-driven team of data scientists, financial services industry experts, and customer experience fanatics are building technology to serve people in a way that recognizes their unique needs and preferences as human beings and that endeavors toward ensuring nobody gets locked out of the financial system.
TrueML is driving its mission through a family of companies and products that are reinventing the way consumers are engaged in financial services for better experiences and more productive outcomes. TrueAccord Corp, a subsidiary of TrueML, licenses products for first- and third-party debt collection services, and has served more than 20 million consumers in debt with an empathetic, digital-first approach. The company was established in 2013 by serial entrepreneurs, Ohad (Chief Executive Officer) and Nadav (Chief Innovation Officer) Samet after being treated badly while subjected to collections on a small balance.
As the Vice President of Information Security, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of our organization's information systems and data. In this highly visible leadership role you will work across the organization and with our security partners (auditors, security management platform providers, and clients), to manage risk, ensure compliance, and continually optimize our Information Security program in a highly regulated technology domain.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement an enterprise-wide information security strategy that aligns with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with other departments to identify, assess, and manage risks to the organization's information systems and data.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate security controls and technologies to protect the organization's information systems and data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction.
- Lead incident response and manage security incidents to minimize impact and ensure continuity of operations.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of security controls and technologies, and provide regular reports to executive leadership on the state of information security.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and standards related to information security, and ensure that they are communicated and enforced throughout the organization.
- Stay current with the latest developments in information security and ensure that the organization is compliant with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Manage the information security budget and ensure that resources are allocated effectively.
What We're Looking For:
- At least 10 years of experience in information security, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in developing and implementing information security programs that comply with regulatory requirements as well as business continuity and disaster recovery programs.
- Thorough understanding of financial services regulatory requirements, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), and other industry-specific regulations.
- Experience with a diverse set of industry-standard Information Security Frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO, CIS, ISF, NIST, SOC 2, etc.)
- Experience in assessing and managing risks to information systems and data.
- Experience in incident response and managing security incidents.
- Experience with conducting compliance assessments and audits, including working with external auditors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulators and auditors on matters related to information security and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information and security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of information security professionals.
- Relevant industry certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, or CRISC, are strongly preferred.
- Possess strong leadership qualities, including a calm demeanor, especially under pressure
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401k through Charles Schwab with employer contribution matches
- Flexible Spending Account & Limited FSA
- Short + long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Family-friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Employee assistance program (EAP) via Claremont. Get free short-term counseling for mental health, free + discounted legal consultations, free financial consultations, access to work/life consultants, and more!
- Wellness Coach for you and 5 family members. Wellness Coach gives all TrueML employees access to 3000+ on-demand sessions about meditations, fitness, nutrition, and more!
- PerkSpot discount program. PerkSpot offers exclusive discounts to 900+ merchants nationwide, and has exclusive discounts up to 60% on hotels worldwide.
- Paid time off to do volunteer work in your community.
We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueML and TrueAccord are equal opportunity employers. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at TrueAccord
Something looks off?