Engineering Manager, Release Engineering
At Navan, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
The business of travel is incredibly fast paced, and our team needs to continue to evolve our world-class build and release capabilities to deliver features to meet the needs of our customers. We believe the key to successfully evolving complicated systems in a competitive environment is continuous deployment paired with a focus on testing at all levels.
We are looking for a leader to champion development best practices across the engineering organization, and build or buy tools to make it happen. This is a critical role that will help accelerate our business growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a geographically distributed team of Release engineers
- Work closely with feature developers and SREs to build out new deployment capabilities, for both web and mobile
- Help shape our deployment architecture
- Support environments for functional, performance, and security testing
- Integrate CI/CD capabilities and data with the rest of our stack (e.g. ChatOps and analytics)
- Develop and support build script capabilities
- Be an organizational advocate for CI/CD best practices
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years managing a team or serving as a tech lead
- 3-5 years building maintainable, scalable CI/CD solutions, delivering production services
- Extensive experience with two or more build automation tools (i.e. Maven, Gradle, make, rake)
- Proficient with at least 1 scripting language
- Extensive experience developing containerized systems
- Extensive experience with git
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience with Jenkins
- Extensive experience with GitHub Actions
- Experience building and releasing mobile applications
- Proficiency with Java
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.