Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
At Navan, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
Navan is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our growing team. You will be working within our world-class data organization to help modernize and scale our BI platform to power our data-driven organization and to support our rapidly evolving and growing data needs.
This is a unique opportunity to take our existing BI stack to the next level. This role will get to work closely with Navan’s team of data analysts and data scientists, to support different business stakeholders, and to help implement the best BI practices and detailed documentation.
The ideal candidate will be extremely curious and will use their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours by dealing with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long-term thinking, and delivering value to our customers. A successful candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, and experience in data analysis, database design, and reporting.
We take great pride in our diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives and we strongly believe this is helping us to grow as a successful and impactful team.
What You'll Do:
- Continuously improve our BI tool stack to make it more stable, scalable, observable and secure
- Optimize the performance of dashboards and data sources
- Perform regular maintenance and upgrades
- Manage access to PII and sensitive data within the BI tools
- Collaborate with the Data Warehouse Engineers and Data Analysts to achieve optimal performance of our BI platform
- Manage user access, licenses, roles, and groups; perform quarterly user access review
- Manage the relationship between Navan and BI vendors
- Build and maintain new data models and marts using dbt
- Provide technical support to end-users and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data across all BI solutions
What We're Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or related technical field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in BI, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing/Modeling
- 5+ years of experience with managing, publishing, and optimizing BI solutions (Tableau, Looker, Thoughtspot, Sisense, etc)
- Strong SQL and Data Modeling skills (Python preferred, but not required)
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with columnar databases like Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
Something looks off?