Business Travel Consultant - Remote
At Navan, our mission is to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward. We help our travelers focus on being there, not getting there and our Travel Experience team is central to this mission!
As a member of our quickly growing Travel Experience team, you will be responsible for directly supporting our users’ travel needs. As owners of customer satisfaction, your role is to solve issues, communicate effectively, and collaborate with internal teams to remove any barriers for the traveler - all while providing a best-in-class customer experience. As the front line of our business, you will have a unique opportunity to provide regular feedback to our product, design and engineering teams as they work towards continually improving our customer facing and internal platforms. This is an exciting role where you will have a direct impact on our day to day operations, traveler experience and product development!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist travelers with best- in-class travel support, requiring a great deal of supplier, destination and system knowledge.
- Make quick and accurate analyses of customer needs, persona and level of urgency.
- Provide accurate information for hotel, flight, car and rail bookings as required.
- Support users with self-service of the Navan platform and app.
- Provide travel support through multiple contact channels: chat, call and email.
- Respond to customers within SLA expectations and requirements.
- Follow company and customer travel and expense procedures and policies, along with global compliance procedures.
- Provide regular feedback to stakeholders on the progress against goals and the performance of key processes.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure you are up to date with new product launches, supplier updates and industry changes.
- Build upon your travel industry knowledge to continue to set the standard for best-in-class travel support.
- Commitment to adhering to attendance policies and completion of all assigned training.
- Meet individual performance metrics and support the organization and company business objective via the achievement of individual scorecard metrics.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in a core business travel environment (preferably in a similar role)
- 3+ years of demonstrated advanced Sabre or Amadeus GDS experience (ticketing, manual reissues, voids, cancellations, EMD and MCO issuance/reissuance, PNR management, etc.) is mandatory
- Experience of local market supplier content and booking practices in both ARC and BSP markets
- In-depth knowledge of complex itineraries, air fares and fare construction calculations including the use of nett fares, IT fares, route deals and corporate negotiated fares (Fares & Ticketing VAII, formally BA2)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the travel industry, it’s suppliers and products across all product lines (air, rail, hotel and car hire)
- Experience of NDC and low cost carriers content and booking management practices
- Experience working with third-party content aggregators for all content
- Full understanding of travel industry regulations, along with worldwide compliance requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of world geography
- Skilled communicator, proficient in both verbal and written English language. Additional language skills (fluent speaker) outside of English is a bonus, but not a requirement
- Flexibility to work non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings and weekends), as we scale our support organization