Senior Travel Agent
At Navan, our mission is to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward. We help our travelers focus on being there, not getting there and our Travel Experience team is central to this mission!
As a member of our quickly growing Travel Experience team, you will be responsible for directly supporting our users’ travel needs. As owners of customer satisfaction, your role is to solve issues, communicate effectively, and collaborate with internal teams to remove any barriers for the traveler - all while providing a best-in-class customer experience. As the front line of our business, you will have a unique opportunity to provide regular feedback to our product, design and engineering teams as they work towards continually improving our customer facing and internal platforms. This is an exciting role where you will have a direct impact on our day to day operations, traveler experience and product development!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist our travelers with best-in-class personalized travel support, by helping them resolve issues before, during and after travel. This may require helping with basic cancellations, changes, and updates to hotel, flight, car and rail bookings.
- Provide accurate and detailed fare information for hotel, flight, car and rail bookings, as needed.
- Ensure traveler requests are responded to within SLA requirements by comfortably navigating between chat and phone systems and our online travel tool.
- Follow company, client and vendor procedures and policies while providing the highest level service to our travelers
- Troubleshoot issues by regularly referring to our agent tools for guidelines on how to best assist the traveler
- Provide regular feedback to Product and Engineering teams to ensure agents tools are meeting the needs of our internal teams.
- Participate in regular team meetings to ensure you are up to date on new product launches, industry updates and exciting team initiatives and programs.
- Constantly improve your travel industry and platform knowledge so we continue to set the standard for best-in-class travel agents
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as a travel consultant or similar role in the travel industry or relevant Customer Service experience
- 2+ years of GDS experience (Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo) - MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
- Tech Savvy - not an expert but will be confident in Gmail, Zendesk, Slack and Salesforce as well as our internal travel customer service platform.
- Reliable and flexible with an openness to working non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings and weekends), as we scale our support organization
- Ability to multitask with a desire to resolve urgent matters as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- An empathetic disposition with the ability to maintain a professional attitude at all times
- An independent thinker who is able to use available resources to troubleshoot issues and resolve customer inquiries.
- A skilled communicator with excellent verbal and written communication
- A team player who thrives in collaborating, giving and receiving feedback and lifting others up
- An interest in travel with a basic understanding of world geography
- Flexibility to work non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings and weekends), as we scale our support organization
Something looks off?