Staff Back-End Engineer, Expense (Fraud & Risk)
Navan is an expense and corporate card solution that eliminates the hassles of expense management while giving finance leaders real-time spend visibility and control. Navan Expense provides employees with a refreshingly easy way to pay for what they need while giving finance leaders one easy place to control, manage, and track spend. With physical and virtual cards, smart policy management, and automated expense reports, T Expense streamlines the entire business spending process — driving cost-savings, productivity, and compliance.
Fraud platform at Navan plays a critical role in mitigating losses by preventing & detecting fraud across different product offerings in Travel, Expense and Issuing fraud. Also, the team is responsible for building & adopting various fraud strategies & models to prevent new fraud across the Travel & Expense industry.
What You'll Do:
- Build and maintain a scalable, secure, and efficient fraud prevention systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams(Travel & Expense), including data scientists, analysts, product managers, and software engineers, to design, develop, and implement fraud prevention solutions.
- Conduct research and keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and standards in fraud prevention.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers on the team
What We're Looking For:
- 10 years or equivalent quality experience, preferably in startup environments
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems serving developers and/or end users
- Ability to be a innovative problem solver that can turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions, and comfort with new technology and thinking outside the box to develop and implement solutions
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role
- In-depth experience with Java, Spring Boot and AWS
- Previous Fraud Platform experience is a plus(not required)
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.
Something looks off?