Senior Back-End Engineer
The backend services this role will build serves customers across the globe. You will get to work with a highly motivated team pushing features at a fast clip. The services are going to be mission critical for our users to pay, book and expense their trips within seconds. The role will support a highly reliable and resilient application. You will be part of continuously improving culture that values craftsmanship and developer productivity.
What You’ll Do:
- Designing and implementing APIs and core services
- Developing models and business logic
- Building out impactful product features
- Ensure the quality of the features you built, follow-up on usage/issues post release.
- Work closely with product and design team to deliver new features that align with the needs of the business
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers on the team
- Contribute and drive frameworks that lead to significant user experience improvements
- Assist the team in understanding and adopting new technologies
What We're Looking For:
- Strong programming skills and CS fundamentals combined with 5+ years of experience building products
- Deep architecture and API design skills to build core services and new product features
- Strong sense of ownership demonstrated through shipping production-quality code equipped with testing, monitoring and documentation
- Passion for solving problems and learning new tools and technologies
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working at startups and/or on consumer-facing products
- Experience with Java, AWS and/or distributed systems is a plus
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM technologies is a plus
- Experience with Spring Framework is a plus
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.
Something looks off?