Mortgage Operations Specialist
Tomo believes the joy and promise of a new home should never be overshadowed by the hassle of buying one. We’re on a mission to reinvent home buying—beginning with a simpler, faster, and less expensive mortgage experience. By empowering homebuyers with technology and transparency, we’re fundamentally changing the way people buy homes.
About the job...
We are seeking a detail-oriented and knowledgeable Mortgage Operations Specialist to join our team. As a Mortgage Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the operational aspects of our mortgage lending process, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and internal policies, and providing exceptional service to our customers. Your expertise in mortgage operations and strong organizational skills will contribute to the success of our mortgage department and help us deliver a seamless mortgage experience to our clients.
- Ensure all required loan disclosures have been completed and are being disclosed within Service Level Agreements and Regulatory Disclosure Requirements timeframes.
- Monitor individual workflow pipeline queues to ensure that daily workflow
- Verifying the accuracy of loan system data integrity, loan related fees, reviewing loan terms and ensuring that all applicable disclosures are properly prepared and provided to the applicant(s) within a specified time-frame
- Deliver the loan package directly to the client via electronic delivery
- Monitor the return of the fully executed disclosure package to assure required regulatory compliance has been met
- Loan documents will be reviewed and validated prior to submission to processing for proper signatures, dates and ensuring all required disclosures have been received
- Validate reasons if a re-disclosure is necessary, review for accuracy and approve changes to fees resulting only from a valid change in circumstance as defined by RESPA
- Evaluate and prepare Change of Circumstance disclosures and Rate Lock disclosures for delivery to borrower(s)
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training materials to ensure consistency and adherence to best practices.
- Ensures appropriate record entries are made on the HMDA loan/application register (LAR) within thirty calendar days after the end of the calendar quarter.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date loan files and records, ensuring data integrity and adherence to confidentiality policies.
- Collaborate with origination, processing and closing, to support seamless loan transfers and investor requirements.
Things you're exceptional at...
- Organizing with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with incredible accuracy, ensuring the completeness and quality of loan documentation.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact professionally with customers, teammates, and external partners.
You may also have the extras...
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years in mortgage operations, loan processing, or a related role within the mortgage industry.
- Solid understanding of mortgage lending regulations, including TRID, RESPA, and HMDA.
- Familiarity with BYTE
We care a lot about our Team…
Just like our ideal of anticipating the needs of our customers, we strive to provide everything our Tomo Teammates need to be happy, healthy, and motivated. Our package includes:
- Equity for all
- Free Medical Insurance (HSA & FSA Options)
- Free Dental Insurance
- Free Vision Insurance
- 4 fully remote weeks per year of your choosing (1/quarter)
- Flexible PTO
- Fully paid parental leave (4 or 12 weeks)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tomo Swag Bucks
- Commuter Benefits… and more!
Something looks off?