Senior Director, Mortgage Sales
Tomo believes the joy and promise of a new home should never be overshadowed by the hassle of buying one. We’re on a mission to reinvent home buying—beginning with a simpler, faster, and less expensive mortgage experience. By empowering homebuyers with technology and transparency, we’re fundamentally changing the way people buy homes.
You are a leader, mentor, coach and sales athlete. You have a commercial sense for how to make revenue happen while delivering exceptional customer experiences in an authentic manner. Your team guides home buyers through Tomo’s unique and elevated mortgage process.
The right candidate for this role is excited by talent development and has a history of being a data-driven sales manager. You thrive in managing a high performing sales team, and have at least 7 years of mortgage sales experience yourself. Surpassing quota is in your DNA, you’ve created and driven a rigorous sales process, and you lean on metrics to evolve yourself and your team.This role is based in our Midtown NYC or Stamford, CT Office Monday - Wednesday and remote optional Thursday & Friday.
- Building and leading one of the definitive mortgage sales teams of this generation.
- Drive a team of Loan Officers in a measured process with an energetic high performance culture
- Amplifying our 86 NPS through driving winning customer outcomes
- Be an ambassador for our customers through the use of data and metrics to improve our sales process
- Use data, KPIs, processes, and systems integrally to drive your team's performance. Some of this we have already- some of it you will have to build yourself!
- Develop high potential talent with a focus on customer centricity through motivational training, coaching and personal development
- Champion process and policy changes as we learn more about our customer, their needs, and how to drive an industry-changing consumer experience in home buying
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to develop strategies for hiring & onboarding new Loan Officers
- Engage with and answer homebuyer’s questions about Tomo, our offerings, and the mortgage process via text, email, phone, and chat when needed to support the sales team.
- Developing a sales system and process for scale
- Holding your team accountable to a high bar of excellence and quick growth
- Leading with a clear vision on sales strategy
- Driving highly qualified conversions and tackling customer escalations swiftly & kindly
- Driving high volume sales systems
- 7+ years of direct to consumer sales experience
- Mortgage Sales expertise
- Fin-Tech, Prop-Tech or Financial Services background
- NMLS License
We care a lot about our Team…
Just like our ideal of anticipating the needs of our customers, we strive to provide everything our Tomo Teammates need to be happy, healthy, and motivated. Our package includes:
- Equity for all
- Free Medical Insurance (HSA & FSA Options)
- Free Dental Insurance
- Free Vision Insurance
- 4 fully remote weeks per year of your choosing (1/quarter)
- Flexible PTO
- Fully paid parental leave (4 or 12 weeks)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tomo Swag Bucks
- Commuter Benefits… and more!
Something looks off?